Working at Ballihoo is very unique. Fundamentally, we believe in customer service being a way of life. We do this through our food, our service, our personalities. We tap into our guests and treat them as we ourselves would like to be treated. With respect, honour and love. We teach our younger colleagues valuable life skills on how to deal with many walks of society.
Our team has a lot of autonomy, and they are often found foraging to make home-made goodies, brainstorming dishes or coming up with ideas for themed events.
|Location||Lower Mill Estate – Cirencester|
|Reporting to||Head Chef|
|Salary||£9.80 per hour|
|Hours||30 + hours per week to include early mornings, days, evenings and weekend work|
What we are looking for:
We are on the hunt for passionate, dedicated and hungry chefs. If any of you are searching for a placement, do consider Ballihoo as a strong option.
Our chefs are dedicated in all they do and are now in a position to tap into where it all began. Our youth. You’ll be working closely with our Head Chef who has excellent experience working within a high-end London restaurant, spanning from 2 rosette and 2 Michelin stars, to running luxury chalets in the French and Swiss Alps. He strongly believes in a calm and supportive kitchen.
We offer a fantastic working environment and a solid and safe setting for new budding chefs to share our stage.
As a Chef de Partie we will support you to produce and present consistent high standards of food using local and seasonal produce from our own grounds / local suppliers. The position will assist in all catering areas to include the restaurant, outdoor pizza oven and plastic free shop to include fresh fruit and veg from our allotments, roasted nut mixes, oils etc.
We pride ourselves on serving quality food from our main core menu and extensive specials board.
This is a great opportunity for a CDP Apprentice to make their mark and gain experience whilst maintaining a fantastic work life balance.
- Run a kitchen section independently and competently
- Ability to demonstrate basic cooking skills
- Imagination and understanding of food and flavours to create innovative dishes using local and seasonal produce
- Assist the head chef with maintaining food margin
- Maintain impeccable food hygiene and kitchen safety levels
- Key team player in the organisation of the kitchen
- Take pride in producing great quality fresh food and work with the Head Chef to ensure consistently high standards by adhering to the company specifications and procedures
- A calm and organised approach as a Commis or Chef de Partie
- An understanding that a kitchen with flawless food hygiene standards and organisational systems will produce better food, better chefs and better profit
- Ability to perform consistently in high pressure situations
- Enthusiastic attitude and work ethic
- Exceptional communication skills
- Able to work independently, someone who is assertive and self-assured
- Ability to use own initiative and sound judgment
- 33 days (including bank holidays)
- Extra day off for your birthday
- NHS Top Up Scheme (for example money off dentists, prescription, hospital parking)
- Access to lake and free equipment hire for the family
- Free access to gym and swimming pools *when available
- Discounted spa sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free parking
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Highly competitive rate of pay
- Free meal whilst on long shift