|Location||Based at Lower Mill Estate, with commute to Dorset and North Devon|
|Reporting to||Operations Director|
|Salary||£30,000 per annum + commission-based bonus|
|Hours||40 hours per week to include weekends throughout peak season|
The Cleaning Operations Manager will be a key management role overseeing the daily running of Habitat First Group sites from a cleaning perspective to ensure a welcoming, clean and safe environment whilst working closely with all teams.
Working closely with the Operations Director and Housekeeping Managers, the Cleaning Operations Manager will be responsible for the implementation of the strategic direction for Cleaning Operations on all our sites, building the operating model including enhanced clean regimes, recruiting and engaging the cleaning team all with a focus on enhancing guest experience. The Cleaning Operations Manager must be a leader and a role model to the cleaning team on site ensuring an engaged and positive culture, while maintaining a well-run effective and innovate cleaning operation.
- Lead the Cleaning team to ensure there is a positive, motivational, supportive working environment.
- Ensure advanced planning of all cleaning operations including regular tasks with clear schedules and sign off all duties and tasks complete
- A focus on training and development of the team to establish good working practices with a vision and focus on both cleaning operation and creating meaningful positive customer experience interactions
- Ensuring excellence for Cleaning operations throughout Habitat First Group which includes, but not limited to:
- Health and Safety and compliance
- Cleaning standards
- Colleague presentation
- Guest, property owner and staff interactions
- Professional support to the busines in all contractual matters with the homeowners
- Ensure high standards are always achieved, being flexible to meet the changing operational needs on a continual basis and to suggest new initiatives to ensure continuous improvement and best practice
- Take full ownership and manage to conclusion all cleaning feedbacks or complaints.
- Ensure the cleaning team are equipped and have the knowledge to positively impact the guest experience for all Estate users
- Manage and report on all cleaning operational budgets with full transparency including forecasted spends
- Control the delivery of colleague’s rosters, completion of payroll and correct manning levels ensuring compliance is always maintained
- Lead and advise the Housekeeping Managers in managing absence and holiday records including sickness and annual leave for all colleagues
- Carry out and manage audits to ensure high standards of cleanliness and safe environment is always evident throughout the Estates
- Manage recruitment, induction training, developing, and retaining of colleagues and ensure continued ongoing focus
- Conduct informal and formal meetings and training sessions to ensure up to date business and job knowledge, communication, skills & progression are maintained. This includes but is not limited to training, re-training, 1:1’s, probation reviews etc.
- Ensure the team deliver exceptional operational standards along with excellent and meaningful guest interaction
- Identify training needs and work on training plans for the Cleaning team
- Implement quality performance measures and ensure they are adhered to and any non-compliance is resolved in a professional manner with clear plans and next steps visible to all
- Deliver excellent leadership, communication and motivation to the site-based teams including communicating daily so that a sound communication channel exists in order that team goals can be achieved
- Ensure our on-site Housekeeping Managers, manage their teams ensuring they are fully conversant with their individual tasks and responsibilities.
Background & Skills
- Preferred experience in similar role ideally within Tourism and Travel industries
- Able to commute between our sites in the Cotswolds, Dorset and North Devon (expenses paid)
- Able to manage complexity
- Outstanding stakeholder management, strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and autonomously. High energy, calm under pressure, real team player
- Decisive and collaborative in equal measures
- Fluent in English, other European languages would be desirable
Requirements – Personal Characteristics
- Able to have difficult conversations, clearly explains initiatives in sufficient detail to gain understanding, and the support of internal and external colleagues, guests and property owners
- Creates positive working environments, manages conflict
- Demonstrates high personal standards, able to identify positive behaviours in others
- Demonstrates consistent excellence in standards, behaviours, knowledge, and skills
Company Benefits include:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company day holiday
- NHS Top Up Scheme
- Many other onsite staff ‘perks’
- Free parking
- Competitive rate of pay