Ecology is at the forefront of what we do - taking care of the wildlife and environment around us.
We are now searching for a customer-oriented Estate Warden to cover holiday and absences on a 0-hour permanent basis. You will need to be confident and enjoy being customer-facing, have a strong eye for detail, good knowledge of estate management and health & safety requirements.
|Location||Lower Mill Estate - Cirencester|
|Reporting to||Estate Warden Supervisor|
|Salary||£10.42 - £12.10|
|Hours||A permanent zero-hour role to cover annual leave and absences|
What we are looking for:
What can we offer you?
- Family-friendly policies such as enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental pay.
- Enhanced sick pay
- Generous annual leave, plus an extra day off for your birthday and the ability to buy back up to 5 days of leave per year
- NHS Top Up Scheme (for example money off dentists, prescriptions, hospital parking)
- Discounted shopping and benefits platform including a cycle-to-work scheme
- Access to the lake and free equipment hire for the family
- Free access to gym and swimming pools *when available
- Discounted spa sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mental health and wellbeing programme
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Eye check and flu vaccine vouchers
- Access to electric car scheme
- Flexible working practices wherever possible
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist the Estate Manager and Duty Managers in the management of Lower Mill Estate including:
- Manning the gatehouse and main gate to provide a professional and friendly meet & greet service to guests on arrival. This includes ensuring they are authorised to be on-site and having the confidence to question politely when required.
- Providing a strong presence around the Estate, including observing and following up on health & safety issues, litter / general condition of the estate, and parking violations.
- Rectifying where feasible any defects or health & safety concerns, escalating and reporting issues to Managers when necessary.
- Provide a highly visible presence during weekends and high season, acting as the main point of contact for all resident queries.
- Maintain knowledge and skills, attending training in areas such as first aid at work, manual handling, fire safety, and open water management/rescue.
- Undertake basic administration tasks such as managing and updating the rental guest list and collecting guest information forms.
- Basic security and shift checks including monitoring CCTV and producing daily shift reports to the Estate Management team.
- Ensure that the rules & regulations of the estate are being upheld by all our residents, rental guests, contractors, and associates. Manage and report on any disturbances or noise issues around the Estate.
- Provide cover for other shifts to ensure customer service levels, particularly required during peak periods.
We’d love you to have:
- Flexibility to assist the Estate warden team to keep all shifts covered.
- Strong team player, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, with a natural desire and ability to be organised, able to prioritise workloads.
- Excellent communication skills, able to relate to customers in a friendly and professional manner, able to deal constructively with different people
- Willingness to undertake continual professional development activities
- Decision making
- Physically fit, you will be walking around the Estate frequently
- Being well presented at all times, wearing the company uniform
- Ability to swim due to the proximity of many lakes and the requirement for open water management training.
- Administration and computer literacy with a good understanding of Microsoft Office packages
Habitat First Group is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment. We encourage applications from all individuals, regardless of background, to bring their unique perspectives and ideas to our team. If you’re interested but not sure if you have the right skills and experience, we would love to hear from you.
We are happy to talk through any reasonable adjustments you may require during the recruitment process and beyond.
If you would like to apply for the role without a CV, please contact us on 01285 863 282 and we will be happy to discuss alternative options.
The company is unable to sponsor the employment of international workers in this role. You will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK.
A DBS is required for all roles.
A driver’s license and access to a car are recommended before applying, as our Estates are not walkable from public transport links.
Habitat First Group is proud to be a Disability Confident employer.