You will be an enthusiastic and experienced leader with a background in holiday lettings, highly adept at managing a large team of housekeeping assistants and supervisors to ensure a 5* cleaning service level is provided. You must have the confidence and communication skills to effectively monitor performance standards and resolve guest complaints.
|Location||Lower Mill Estate – Cirencester|
|Reporting to||Cleaning Operations Manager|
|Salary||up to £32,000|
|Hours||40 Hours per week (including some weekends and bank holidays during peak season)|
What can we offer you?
We are a family company and because of our unique position, can provide great benefits and activities for you and your family to enjoy. This includes free hire for kayaking, paddle boarding, canoeing, and cycling. You would also have access to the gym, discounted spa sessions and food at our fabulous onsite restaurant. Plus, we offer an NHS scheme which provides money off expenses such as prescriptions and dental and an Employee Assistance Scheme.
We also value our employees, having employee award schemes and the provision of training to develop skills and experience from within.
- Understand and manage all departmental operations and costs, undertaking regular audits to continually review how these can be reduced whilst maintaining and improving service standards and efficient methods of working.
- Manage stock control and costs of all supplies. Develop strong relationships with suppliers to ensure best costs are met.
- Provide reports as and when required e.g. property standard reports, cleaned, empty, departure checks and notes to maintenance.
- Develop the laundry service and look at the feasibility of bringing the operations in house.
- Ensure all data on Elite and Deputy is maintained in line with GDPR regulations
- Manage the administration with the Administration Supervisor to ensure that jobs are loaded, and invoices sent out in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Maintenance and Habitat Escapes Managers to ensure operations run smoothly and that all departments work as one team.
- Attend weekly Management meetings to discuss and created actions on key issues / projects.
- Manage an effective stock control system, ensuring consumables are rotated and areas kept clean and tidy.
Health and Safety:
- Work with Human Resources to ensure all H&S requirements are met on a daily basis.
- Undertake audits of machinery, premises and buggies in line with departmental H&S Processes. Liaise with Maintenance and external suppliers to ensure any defects are resolved quickly.
- Ensure the compliance of all legal requirements in respect of health and safety and welfare of staff and customers, COSSH and manual handling.
- Train Assistant Manager, Supervisors and Team Leaders on new policies and procedures. Ensure that these are then filtered down to Housekeeping Assistants.
- Positively lead the team and ensure they are equipped with the required skills to complete their roles to the highest standards and feel valued as a vital part of the LME Cleaning team.
- Work closely with the Operations Director and HR on Workforce Planning to ensure that operational needs and quality standards can be achieved whilst minimising labour costs.
- Undertake bi-annual appraisals with the Assistant Manager and Supervisors. Ensure that all other team members are scheduled for their appraisals with the Assistant Manager and Supervisors.
- Ensure all staff are trained on the assigned courses within the Learning Management System
Customer Services / Business Development
- Ensure any complaints received are resolved satisfactorily and review trends to activate any training needs or amend processes to improve service.
- Work alongside Habitat Escapes team and meet with property owners and develop business for both private and rental cleans.
- Develop new services to enhance operational profits.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
- Driving licence with own transport
- Management of a large team with some form of cleaning operations
- Influential leader with first class communication and interpersonal skills
- Creating management reports
- Strong I.T skills using specialist software and Microsoft packages
- Positive, solutions based approach to problem solving
- Remaining calm whilst under pressure
- Excellent customer service
- Working within a hotel / estate management environment
- COSSH / NEBOSH
- Creating rotas and allocating workloads
The Housekeeping Team
The Housekeeping team is fabulous close-knit team of around 30 Housekeepers, Team Leaders and Supervisors who are constantly striving to ensure we deliver a 5* cleaning service to our property owners and rental guests.
Sense of humour and teamwork is a must in this department as we work hard but support each other to achieve our goals.
Company Benefits include
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company day holiday (day off for Birthday)
- NHS Top Up Scheme (for example money off dentists, prescription, hospital parking)
- Access to lake and free equipment hire for the family
- Free access to gym and swimming pools *when available
- Discounted spa sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free parking
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Quarterly Employee Awards
- Highly competitive rate of pay
- Discounted food
- Great staff parties
Please apply with a CV and covering letter if you’re looking to work in a highly valued team and a beautiful environment.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org